I normally do not do this but with it being the holiday season, some of you may be in the market for new TVs.So I feel that I must say something.
A month ago we bought a 75" Samsung TV and a 55" Samsung TV from Buy Squad. They had the best prices we could find. A few days later I was notified that the 75" was actually a commercial TV and that it was on back order, but I could order the residential version for an additional $430, which I did. When we received the 75" the screen was cracked so I notified Buy Squad, sending them the required pictures of the TV and was told that I would be receiving a full refund within "24-48hours." The refund never came.
I was given multiple stories about what to do with the TV from sending the TV back, to just keep it, and even go ahead and throw it away. Then the second TV arrives. It too is broken. We are told with this one to contact Samsung as it has a full warranty.
After giving Samsung the model and serial #, we are told this is a refurbished TV and has no warranty. Again, I have been told multiple different stories. They would send a repair man out. They would pay to ship this TV back, and then I as told that it would have to be repaired before they would accept it as a return.
Finally, I was told that I would be emailed a return shipping label to have the TV sent back. I never received a phone call back, or emails back from Buy Squad as I was promised. Also, no one could tell me why I was sent a refurbished TV when I paid for a new one. In fact they acted like I was lying and asked "why would Samsung tell you such a thing?" This has been going on for 3 full weeks.
Thankfully, we paid via PayPal and have filed a claim to which, Buy Squad has not responded.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Samsung 55-Inch Tv
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I went to quail springs mall with my mom to get her eyes checked and get some new glasses. We'll on the way to go look at frames I was..."
- "My Latest Experience with Sony Corporation of America Event # E58894537 Service Notification: 301547845 Order # 36065586 1. I own Sony’s Flagship SACD Player, the SCD-1, cost: $5,000.00. It should be mentioned, this player..."
- "I just found my receipt of purchase. Today is 12/28/2015. My television was purchased on 01/13/2013. It isn't 2 yrs old yet, Hisense says the television isn't covered because I..."
- "Sears kenmore elite refrigerator and their crappy extended warrenty . This is an almost three year old unit. I had some trouble with the ice maker freezing up and..."
- "I HAD GEICO FOR 4/5 YEARS, 250 A MONTH, FIRST FEW YEARS NOTHING, THEN, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY "BAD THINGS COME IN 3's, AND IT DID..#1-I HAD A FENDER..."
- "worth 1000 words (and $70?) - see below we went to a funeral today and found a monstrous arrangement which unfortunately bore our names how embarrassing. I've been trying to..."
- "Last Thursday, my 2005 Dodge Ram locked down while driving a block from my house. It dropped the driveshaft and rear wheels locked. I found that there was..."
- "Justin Holt from Austin commercial will be tried in court for numerous accounts of fraud: conspiracy to terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy to perjury, false advertising, breach of contract, violation of..."
- "I placed an order to tummy filler with Zomato using their smartphone app (order no. 9808959) on 23 October 2016, at 4;27 pm. The order (food garlic bread andsalad wrap..."